[FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: Can you present on technical topics on GNU/Linux

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 12:32:56 IST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: Can you present on technical topics on GNU/Linux
To: Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>
Cc: Senthil S <senthilsos at yahoo.com>

OK VIKRAM

i am not interested in these issues
i have no opinions about these kind of issues
i don't want to spend time on these kind of issues

what i have understood is that There is one movement called free software
movement initiated by RMS, and later people who have accepted his philosophy
, his thought , his ideas , ------------- mainly freedom are carrying on
thats it .

whether it is under banner of fsf or fsf india or FSUG bangalore --- or some
XYZ banner will that really matter -- atleast for me it does not matter,

who ever conducts with the interest of giving freedom to the users of
softwares -- i am very happy to be part of it and will be always part of it

As quoted by RMS in his talks ------- no user should be made dependent on
anyone for anything --

-------------- Senthil initiated ----------- very good ------ you intiate
something very good -------------- to my understanding i am really not
interested about who has initiated
-------------- every one fighting for freedom is equally important and are
equally good --

Initiation has already happened --- so i am not so interested that who has
initiated
------------------ leave all these ----------------- does this really
matter??????????/

VIKRAM ----- i think ieee is utilizing the avalable resources from free
softwares community since we have to promote or create awareness -- -we are
also using their banner

you are telling that we cannot take free software to places --------------
What is this ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
you are talking -- please rethink on this ------

without ieee help free softwares have reached every one ___ 80 percent of
internet is running on free softwares - did ieee come somewhere -

it was RFC's ( Request for comments )  whcih made so many protocols avalable
to developers and contributors -- otherwise we would have not been
communicating at all the way today world is

I whole heartedly welcome to the idea of using  ieee banner  ---- provided
let them release all their contents under GPL ---- will they --- ?????

still --- it is good that their is a track now ( track means like there are
many tracks in ieee about research , general talk --so on ans so forth )
which is interested in free software is good

------------------------ FREE SOFTWARES value is more than what ieee is --
Philosophy of free software is no where comparable to ieee ----------- and
not worth comparing -----

ieee are the leading people in owning the copyrighted material (
Intellectual patent )
every days researcher are struggling like anything to take permission from
ieee to use the content

they have created such a dependancy ------ which is against the philosophy
of free softwares

Lets  carry on the spirit of free software movement without bothering to
which banner or who is doing - -still if some body wants to bother --- i
have no comments or opinions ---- i am only interested in the freedom
aspects

Whether RICH OR POOR ,,,,, ieee or fsf or fsug or some other banner -- you
can only see that freedom is what mattering everyone

we cant say that some one or some place or some country is poor so that
freedom should be compromised --- or some one is rich so we have to give
more freedom ---
some body ( ieee ) is treated with high respect by certain section of people
so we need to give more freedom ------------
( THIS is WHY I TOLD IT SHOULD NOT MATTER WHO IS CONTRIBUTING or who is
organizing --- what it matters whoever contributes or organizes the freedo
is what sould matter)

Thats y freedom is equally important for all -- let ieee come on to free
software track --- lets not compromise in any of the things

-------------------------------- PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG