[ILUG-BOM] Data recovery on a crashed drive with Linux FS

Philip Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jan 21 02:10:16 IST 2007

Sometime Today, Dinesh Joshi assembled some asciibets to say:

> Thanks a lot both of you :) But this procedure seems too risky. I might
> end up losing my warranty. Besides, there is no guarantee whether it
> will work or not. And with the way things are going with me, I wouldn't
> want to take any chances! :(

It worked for me on three hard disks from three different manufacturers
- Quantum, Seagate and Samsung.  Also, you aren't opening the drive, so
the warranty won't be voided.  Is there a clause in your warranty about
operating and storage temperature for the drive?