[ILUG-BOM] Open SUSE 10.2 Disks Required

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jan 19 12:55:19 IST 2007

>         No, OpenSUSE has caused no harm. And its a community project.

OpenSuse has not, but Novell has :

<quote>
The Software is a modular operating system.  Most of the components
are open source packages, developed independently, and accompanied by
separate license terms.  Your license rights with respect to
individual components accompanied by separate license terms are
defined by those terms; nothing in this Agreement (including, for
example, the "Other License Terms and Restrictions," below) shall
restrict, limit, or otherwise affect any rights or obligations You may
have, or conditions to which You may be subject, under such license
terms.

While the license terms for a component may authorize You to
distribute the component, You may not use any Novell marks (e.g., SUSE
and openSUSE) in distributing the component, whether or not the
component contains Novell marks.
</quote>

Also,

<quote>

OTHER LICENSE TERMS AND RESTRICTIONS

The Software is protected by the copyright laws and treaties of the
United States ("U.S.") and other countries and is subject to the
terms of this Agreement. The Software is licensed to You, not sold.

The Software may be bundled with other software programs ("Bundled
Programs"). Your license rights with respect to Bundled Programs
accompanied by separate license terms are defined by those terms;
nothing in this Agreement shall restrict, limit, or otherwise affect
any rights or obligations You may have, or conditions to which You may
be subject, under such license terms.

Novell reserves all rights not expressly granted to You. You may not:
(1) reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble the Software except
and only to the extent it is expressly permitted by applicable law or
the license terms accompanying a component of the Software; or (2)
transfer the Software or Your license rights under this Agreement, in
whole or in part.

</quote>

The last paragraph is especially disgusting.

         Heh, yum is no way close to apt in first place.

i was simply giving the Suse user two of the most promising tools he/she
could use :-)

           Btw, I am Kubuntu user ( maybe a bit unhappy Kubuntu user
> at times, thanks to *optimisations* by them,

like which ones?

I wonder why I don't
> build the whole thing from svn, since as it is I am building a large
> part of it daily.

Very true, you and your Krew :-)

That sounds pretty neat, you name some KDE package / channel / list after it
- Krew :-)

Just say you heard it here 1st(unless someone has already done it).

Time to change soon maybe ) .

'Tis your freedom to decide so :-)

Thanks JTD for posting the link :

http://www.novell.com/products/opensuse/eula.html