[ILUG-BOM] Open SUSE 10.2 Disks Required

jtd jtd@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jan 20 14:46:42 IST 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 17:16, Pradeepto Bhattacharya wrote:

>            Well, I am no license lawyer, so I just go an ask people
> who know about it or who know somebody who knows about it.
>
>            So that's what I did, ask somebody. I asked a KDE\SUSE
> dev. So he spoke to his product manager or some such and got back
> with this -
>
> "
> there are 2 versions: the boxed version and the internet version
> the boxed version has OSS and non OSS on one DVD, and the CD set
> the internet version has an OSS DVD, an OSS CD set, and a non-OSS
> CD.
>
> all the internet media are redistributable

How very nice and kind of these fellas. Then why is the licence the
way it is?. As i said it doe not matter what anybody in the company
has to say. Your clicking on "I Agree" is the final word.

> but the non-OSS CD must be distributed as a whole
> ie you can't remaster it without XYZ and call it openSUSE.
>
> the internet version is freely redistributable by any means
>
> the non-OSS internet media may not be; that is part of the
> conditions by which SUSE are allowed to include them on the distro
>
> i hope i've made it clear that the non-modification applies to the
> non-OSS CD "

Point me to a location on their website that says so. That would be
official confirmation of what they mean in the licence.

--
Rgds
JTD