[ILUG-BOM] broadband problems

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jan 19 08:20:20 IST 2007

On 1/19/07, Sachin G Nambiar <bomlug at snambiar.com> wrote:
> >> no unlimited schemes in mumbai till date from mtnl but the unlimited
> >> schemes are available in delhi.  Mumbai as per my knowledge is growing
> >> out
> >> as a non competitive market for the broadband industry
> >
> > Huh?
<snip>
> That i think makes it a viable market for broadband alright!
Broadband in Mumbai (except triband) is distributed by cable
operators. Hence whatever the cable operators provide, the user has to
use, else go to Triband. Probably he means non-competitive in that
sense.

But from MTNL's point of view it is competitive as the CTOs cannot
stop anyone fr5om getting triband. It comes directly through the phone
line.

Siddhesh Poyarekar
http://siddhesh.tk