[ILUG-BOM] Re: listing Scenarios for usibility of linux on desktop, please contribute

Dinesh Shah dineshah@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Sep 24 14:49:56 IST 2006

Dear Krishnakant,

On 9/22/06, krishnakant Mane <researchbase at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/09/06, jtd <jtd at mtnl.net.in> wrote:
> > This is called stupid customer, not savvy marketing. Savvy marketing
> > is when clever customer is shown value.
> ok stupid customer, but stupid or not m$ have millions of such stupid
> customers.  so what ever the case is, this is absolutely perfect brain

Customer is never stupid. If the customer does not buy the wares you
are hawking does not make him/her stupid. It's just that s/he has
different priorities then you have. Selling a concept (Freedom) and
selling a product (OS) is totally different things.

Let us take an example. We educated class does not vote, but the
weaker section does. In the end we keep crying that we are ruled by
morons and corrupt people. Show we brand all educated people who do
not vote as stupid? :-)

> work.  as I said earlier only bad thing is that Mr. Bil only used it
> for bad (but very very clever marketing).  making so many people fools
> and keeping them so for a long time indeed needs great marketing.  how
> could billions of people just except the stupidity?

So you think only clever marketing is the only way? Have you ever
heard about ecosystem and vested interests? You have already
encountered one at your customer's place. :-)

> yes right. I think that could be one option.  and then afterall
> becoming as rich as bil gaits isn't and should not be the ultimate
> thing in life.

May be for you. Others may have different priorities. Some like to be
rich, some famous, some just want to be cool.

In my opinion those who adopt a different school of thought just based
on the dislike and hatred for some thing does not last long. I have
seen many cases like this in the FOSS community. You build your faith
using the strength of your GOD not the weakness of other GODs. ;-)

> as I keep on saying why not make people happy, give them freedom and
> earn money out of that instead of making them stupid out of realy
> perfect marketing?

This is really a noble cause. Please keep this spirit up.

> we have to except one thing, what ever m$ is, they are a big power and
> people wont leave m$ just like that.  again strong customer fooling by
> m$ with excelent policies.

Remember, change is painful but inevitable.

> same way and pull out the thorne with a thorne.  some how we must do
> heavy media publicity and all that.

Show me the mullah. Where will it come from? :-)

>  there is only one thing that can
> defeat the bad and harmful marketing stratagy of m$, and it is winning
> of trust.  and people trust media more than any thing.

So have you spoken to any media person(s) and are they willing to
fight for your cause?

> Krishnakant.

With regards,
--