[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

krishnakant Mane researchbase@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 21:37:15 IST 2006

On 22/09/06, Dinesh Shah <dineshah at gmail.com> wrote:

> I completely agree with you Rony. When you attack your opponent you
> are generally seen in poor light.
Roni and dinesh, please read my previous email and also one more in
this same thread.  I clearly mentioned I am not attacking any one.  I
just want to market the truth.
> Indeed, instead of a rant show them what is possible and what
> "advantage" the customer is going to get.
very good.  again I may repeat as in my previous email, this is what I
want, this is why I am increasing this thread.  keep on dropping good
ideas.  we all must take this up seriously.  what dinesh, jtd, roni
and chetan say even I also want the same thing.  I am just telling
what clients say.  and I think showing them that their own customised
softwares work well on linux is a brillient idea roni gave.  add the
virus free nature and fearless updates to the system without being
frightened of data spy etc is a bonus.
> I also feel that Chetan's strategy is very sound. But make sure that
> whatever FUD you give is backed by facts. :-)
I may go one step ahead and say, only give facts first and also
cleverly make it a "raee ka pahad".  infact some facts need to be
hegjazarated.  after we demonstrate the facts, make them afraid of
things so much so that they fear business loss.  because it is natural
tendency of a person that when one fear is in real existance, they are
afraid of 10 othres weather they exist or not.
even what jtd suggested was nice.  I think afterall some can be
convinced that this is a real system.  so that we can use them as
testimonials and case studies.  I have already given a money back
promis to a person that in next 6 months there will be no virus attack
on his complete linux machine, and unless there is no big issue the
system will work very well in general.
and by the way dinesh, roni, jtd, can you all please help me spear
head this nice movement of free software marketing?  I will be more
than happy if I could meet all you guys and may6 be we can discuss
this in details.  I have an excelent marketing personal who just needs
proper facts and well organised data with idea.  he can make wonderful
market out of it.
regards
krishnakant.