[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

Dinesh Shah dineshah@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 20:06:15 IST 2006

Hi Rony,

On 9/23/06, Rony <ronbillypop at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello Krish,
>
> Your strategy for promoting linux is too focused on attacking M$. Forget
> MS and its usage. Promote linux purely on its own strengths and to
> people who *deserve* linux. Just as any marketing strategy, first be
> very clear on what you exactly want to offer to your clients and what
> can you actually offer. The hardware guys who do AMCs for the clients
> are not your target, so don't bother about their opinion. Keep yourself
> ready for anti-linux barbs and jabs and be clear in your response.
> Provide maximum examples of existing linux systems to shut your
> opponents up.

I completely agree with you Rony. When you attack your opponent you
are generally seen in poor light.

> If you see a market for porting foxpro based solutions onto linux, then
> on your laptop, create a working demo of the same and show it to your
> potential clients so there is minimum talk and maximum presentation.
> Avoid disrupting the client's working setup. You are a salesman selling
> a product, not a concept, so be ready with your product.

Indeed, instead of a rant show them what is possible and what
"advantage" the customer is going to get.

I also feel that Chetan's strategy is very sound. But make sure that
whatever FUD you give is backed by facts. :-)

> Regards,
>
> Rony.

With regards,
--