[ILUG-BOM] Re: Pitching Linux to corporates?

krishnakant Mane researchbase@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Sep 22 10:47:27 IST 2006

hello Dinesh and jtd.
as I said earlier from the experiences I got while trying to convince
customers to use linux,  the two most common reasons they will give
are,
1. linux is just a toy of research students and can't be used where
critical data is being used.  it is a kind of time pass lab experiment
just to show we can do some thing against m$ so it has nothing to do
with real work.
2. it can't be used because it is very difficult to learn and unlike
windows it is not at all user friendly.  the system wont even manage
to do common tasks like surffing the internet and playing movies, let
alone doing serious work.  no hardware is properly supported by linux
and some hardware guys even tell their clients that it will damage
your hadware.
that's why I time and again appreciate microsoft for its great
marketing brains.  these people who never even saw some high school
drop out called Bil gaits, just fall to his feet.
I even have an example of how deep this is.  a few people asked me "if
you don't have windows then how do you manage to start your computer"?
although this is disappointing, this is the current condition.
this is what stops people from using the tru, pure and free (of virus) OS.
it is not so easy to break the market circle of microsoft.
regards.
Krishnakant.