[ILUG-BOM] hello to all, I am new member

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 20 16:58:00 IST 2006

On 20-Sep-06, at 4:42 PM, Shradha Nair wrote:

> I am shradha,
> I am a new member on this list.

welcome
> Krishnakant Mane introduced me to this list as well as ubuntu linux.
> right now I am trying to setup yahoo messenger as Krishnakant may have
> already informed.
> by the way there is a strange thing I noticed while installing
> ubuntu 6.06.
> my net connection was on and the setup was checking the internet for
> packages.  but with my 64 k cable connection on, and the setup
> completed,
> when I re booted my machine, I did not get x up and running with
> gnome.
> it came to the command line.

maybe you didnt set it to boot in graphics mode the first time. If
you had logged in at the command line and typed 'startx' at the
prompt, you would have got X.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves