[ILUG-BOM] hello to all, I am new member

Shradha Nair shradhanair@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 20 16:42:34 IST 2006

hello,
I am shradha,
I am a new member on this list.
Krishnakant Mane introduced me to this list as well as ubuntu linux.
right now I am trying to setup yahoo messenger as Krishnakant may have
already informed.
by the way there is a strange thing I noticed while installing ubuntu 6.06.
my net connection was on and the setup was checking the internet for
packages.  but with my 64 k cable connection on, and the setup completed,
when I re booted my machine, I did not get x up and running with gnome.
it came to the command line.
next, I re installed the system and that time I on purpose switched off the
modem.  this time the setup was proper and I got gnome desktop up and
running.
what could be the problem?
regards.
shradha.