[ILUG-BOM] hello to all, I am new member

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Sep 21 23:35:26 IST 2006

Shradha Nair wrote:

> by the way there is a strange thing I noticed while installing ubuntu 6.06.
> my net connection was on and the setup was checking the internet for
> packages.  but with my 64 k cable connection on, and the setup completed,
> when I re booted my machine, I did not get x up and running with gnome.
> it came to the command line.

In your bios see if you can increase the shared RAM for video. Test your
system before and after by alternating between Ctrl+Alt+F1 and F7. It
should have a smooth transition everytime.

> next, I re installed the system and that time I on purpose switched off the
> modem.  this time the setup was proper and I got gnome desktop up and
> running.
> what could be the problem?

Regards,

Rony.