[ILUG-BOM] Installation voes.

Rony Bill ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Sep 18 22:34:39 IST 2006

Hello All,

I wanted to introduce linux to an office so on a P4
machine with Gigabyte 915 mobo and 1 GB RAM, I tried
to load Mandriva 2006 but during the first bootup
process itself it threw a fatal error and aborted
installation after getting up the first graphical
screen successfully. Then I tried Kububtu 5.10 but it
gave me a file reading error though my cd looks good
and the drive is a DVD writer. Ultimately I sheepishly
loaded Knoppix 4.0 in a live demo.

While the CD reading can be due to media, the Mandriva
should have loaded smoothly. After so many years of
linux being around, this is not expected from it.

Regards,

Rony.