[ILUG-BOM] Configuring mtnl broadband ...

Rony ronbillypop@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 17 21:44:29 IST 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 03:41:53AM +0530, Navin Daund wrote:

> When I do #netconfig on root prompt, it allows me to set IP, subnet,
> gateway and nameserver, but after I select OK, it comes back to prompt.
> When I do #service named restart, it says cannot find localhost. When we
> do #service network restart, it comes back to prompt. If I go back to
> #netconfig, I find all values blank as if it is aloowing me to input
> fresh values again. I am not sure if the installation is complete in all
> respect, though there was not a single error while gui installation.

I don't remember now as I am off redhat but did you save your changes
before clicking ok in the cli based gui? Just recheck your method. After
doing a `service network restart', run `ifconfig' to see if your ip
settings have been updated. Since you have access to internet, google
for the exact method and the file that saves your settings. I think its
/etc/init.d/networking/network_scripts/ifeth0.

Regards,

Rony.