[ILUG-BOM] Configuring mtnl broadband ...

Navin Daund vidya.navin@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Aug 16 03:41:53 IST 2006

Hi All,
WISH YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

Thanks for replying quick to help me configure mtnl broadband, however I
am not good at CUI commands. when I run Internet connection wizard, I
get crashdump which is attached herewith for your information. It says,
An unhandled exception is occured.

When I do #netconfig on root prompt, it allows me to set IP, subnet,
gateway and nameserver, but after I select OK, it comes back to prompt.
When I do #service named restart, it says cannot find localhost. When we
do #service network restart, it comes back to prompt. If I go back to
#netconfig, I find all values blank as if it is aloowing me to input
fresh values again. I am not sure if the installation is complete in all
respect, though there was not a single error while gui installation.

I am using IBM netvist 6824 P-IV 1.8, 128 MB, onboard intel ethernet and
red hat 9.0.

please help me with this.

Thanks and regards,