[ILUG-BOM] RMS in Mumbai

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Aug 15 01:12:07 IST 2006

On 8/14/06, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
> My observation is that most of these people are simple-minded ignorant
> characters who need someone to 'drill' the facts into their head.
I believe it's more the case of people wanting to use GNU/linux for
various reasons (cost, speed, security, etc.) and hence coming here
for help. Many probably haven't really thought about the Free Software
movement, but that doesn't make them simple-minded or ignorant.
They'll definitely know some other things that you wouldn't.

For most computer users, the computer is nothing but a tool to get
work done. Everyone who uses a car doesn't have to know who Henry Ford
is, forget about knowing what he's called in "car hacker" circles.

Regards,
Siddhesh Poyarekar
--
http://siddhesh.tk