[ILUG-BOM] Problem starting GNOME

abhilash kumar linuxwarrier@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Mar 26 07:26:33 IST 2005

Hi all,

	Recently I happened to add an application to be
started whenever I login to the system on an RHEL ES
system. This I did by using Start Menu | Preferences |
More Preferences | Sessions and startup programs on a
GNOME Desktop. It didn't start on a KDE Desktop even
at that time.

	All was fine and the application used to popup when I
start login as desired user. Then later on I stopped
the startup of the application by removing the
corresponding entry at the same location. But then
whenever I login as the concerned user I am unable to
start GNOME but can only login to KDE (Both are
installed).

	For other users on the system there is no problem
using both the Desktop Environments.

googling around also didn't help so all the
suggestions are valuable

Thanks in advance

Abhilash