[ILUG-BOM] Re: Windows 2k/2k3 won't boot <==Mandrake 9.2 & 10.1 Official

abhilash kumar linuxwarrier@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Mar 26 07:04:43 IST 2005

>/dev/hda1 Windows 2000 Professional
>            /dev/hda5 Windows 2003 Server
>            /dev/hda6  MISC (FAT16)

>Since, I am not getting any windows listing in my
Grub
>boot menu.Therefore,i have manually added windows
>entry in it.
>
>Now,
>1)when I choose windows 2000 at boot time:
>
>ERROR o/p:-
>Root(hda0,1)
>Filesystem type unknown,partition oxf
>Chainloader +1
>
>2)When I choose windows 2003
>Root(hda0,5)
>Filesystem type unknown,partition ox6
>Chainloader +1

The problem seems to be some mistake in modifying the
grub.conf file.

Root(hda0,1) should be root (hd0,0) for Win200.
where hd0 means the first HDD and the partition no is
the next fig, so if Win200 is /dev/hda1 then the entry
should be "0" in the grub.

similarly the other OS entries must also be corrected.

Abhilash