[ILUG-BOM] Problem starting GNOME

Svaksh svaksh@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Mar 26 09:35:51 IST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:56:33 +0000 (GMT), abhilash kumar
<linuxwarrier at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>         Recently I happened to add an application to be
> started whenever I login to the system on an RHEL ES
> system. This I did by using Start Menu | Preferences |
> More Preferences | Sessions and startup programs on a
> GNOME Desktop. It didn't start on a KDE Desktop even
> at that time.
>         All was fine and the application used to popup when I
> start login as desired user. Then later on I stopped
> the startup of the application by removing the
> corresponding entry at the same location. But then
> whenever I login as the concerned user I am unable to
> start GNOME but can only login to KDE (Both are
> installed).

how was the application stopped & how did you remove the entry, by
using GUI or CLI ?
I am no expert but if you used GUI to delete the app, afaik Linux is
unlike the Windows OS where GUI is  used to 'uninstall' most
applications. Here it is an instance and you *may* have deleted the
desktop application for that particular user only.   If CLI, what
command did you use ? Please give more details.
_svaksh_