[ILUG-BOM] [OT] What are sms gateways?

sherlock at antispam sherlock@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Mar 22 10:49:40 IST 2005

On Monday 21 March 2005 21:53, Paul Alapatt wrote:

A GSM link is practically unusable for more than a few messages a minute.
If u require to process large nos of messages (Indian Idle) u dont use a
gsm device at all. U set up an isdn / LL backend from the gsm provider to
 your box. The provider will reroute all traffic for your number to your
box. For a fee of course. But the cost per sms is much lower than
using a gsm link.A GSM link is practically unusable for more than a
few messages a minute

> > I would like to know what are sms gateways.
>
> Gateways, typically channel the translation between two networks.
> Thus in this case its a combination of hardware and software which
> provides access to a wireless network for receiving and dispatching

rgds
jtd