[ILUG-BOM] Linux and Telex Support

Philip S Tellis philip.tellis@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 23 23:27:02 IST 2001

Sometime Today, noel seq assembled some asciibets to say:

> Does linux have support for telex machines/telex data. I have an old
> 8088 based telex machine (diskless) which receives input from the
> serial port (9 pin) which i would like to do away with and connect
> the telex line to my linux box. Any pointers in this regard will be

This is something that I would love to work on.  I don't know if there
is any software that does it yet, but basically, you'd need a telex
driver to attach to your serial port.  Shouldn't be too hard if one knew
what kind of data needs to be sent/read.  Can you find out what kind of
data goes through the serial port for a telex?

Philip

--
The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.

Visit my webpage at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/
Read my writings at http://www.ncst.ernet.in/~philip/writings/

  MSN  philiptellis                         Yahoo!  philiptellis