[ILUG-BOM] Linux and Telex Support

Satya satyap@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 23 21:23:03 IST 2001

On Aug 23, 2001 at 14:16, noel seq wrote:

>Does linux have support for telex machines/telex data. I have an old 8088

If it does, I want to know how to send emails such that they are
telexed to ships, and receive telexes. I guess I'd need a telex line
in the first place?

>based telex machine (diskless) which receives input from the serial port (9
>pin) which i would like to do away with and connect the telex line to my
>linux box. Any pointers in this regard will be appreciated.

Your line may be compatible, but you'll need to write a device driver
for Linux if one isn't available already. Then you'll need to write
applications, daemons, etc if they're not available.

--
Satya. <URL:http://satya.virtualave.net/>
US-bound grad students! For pre-apps, see <URL:http://quickapps.cjb.net/>