[ILUG-BOM] Linux and Telex Support

noel seq noelseq@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Aug 23 14:28:02 IST 2001

Hi guys,

Does linux have support for telex machines/telex data. I have an old 8088
based telex machine (diskless) which receives input from the serial port (9
pin) which i would like to do away with and connect the telex line to my
linux box. Any pointers in this regard will be appreciated.

We use this machine to send telegrams to remote areas as well as telex
messages to our ships. Of course we do send emails to our ships through
inmarsat, but would still like to retain the telex facility.

Noel.