[ILUG-BOM] my take on todays seminar < Ur view is right - But not entirely right >

Manish Jethani cruisecoder@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jul 22 03:32:26 IST 2001

Sometime today, Tushar Burman wrote:

> [...]

I don't get the link, really.  The GPL doesn't say anywhere that
having to pay for software is "not so good".  All it says is
that the user shouldn't be charged anything extra for the source
code to the software being sold.  And BTW, I just _paid_ for my
2-CD RedHat 6.2 from FreeOS, on Thursday.

So you can sell "binary-only" software, and you can give the
source code if the user asks.  Most users won't even bother to
ask for the source, because few people have the time to fix bugs
for you.

Manish

--
A Fortran compiler is the hobgoblin of little minis.