[ILUG-BOM] my take on todays seminar < Ur view is right - But not entirely right >

Tushar Burman tb@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jul 22 02:02:54 IST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Manish Jethani" <cruisecoder at yahoo.com>

> > thread. Freedom == Good Thing (TM), Paying for
> > software == Not so good (and so on and so
>
> Paying for s/w == Not so good.  Who said?  That's not
> why I use GNU/Linux and that's not why I want to
> develop s/w for the platform!

I said that, but I derive that from within the confines of the GPL. If the
GPL said all that it does, plus allowed one to sell binary-only copies, it
would be pretty stupid, since no one would bother paying, right?

---
Tushar Burman
GNU/Linux/*BSD evangelist, friend to animals.
tb at freeos.com
icq: 112803958
y!: tusharburman
msn: tusharburman