[ILUG-BOM] boot partition >1024 cylinders.

Mitul Limbani mitul@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jul 19 09:54:03 IST 2001

Hi ,

wat you can do is get a latest lilo greater then 21.6 and rest all setting
remains the same as in...
the lilo.conf and ur linux partition above 1024 cylinders....
as in
/dev/hda1 --> win (C:)
/dev/hda6 --> Secondary win (D:)
/dev/hda7 --> /boot
/dev/hda8 --> Swap
/dev/hda9 --> /

you might repleace your respective hda's to the ones with ur case..
keep the lilo.conf the same except the extra line if you need to add,
unless its not been added for booting win
label=win
root=/dev/hda1
and one more thing is if you would like lilo in mbr you got to add this
line in the start of the conf file
boot=/dev/hda

and then save the conf
and run lilo -L