[ILUG-BOM] boot partition >1024 cylinders.

S. Krishnan sri_krishnan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jul 19 09:22:04 IST 2001

--- Pankaj Jangid <pankaj at yugandhar.ncst.ernet.in>
wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, S. Krishnan wrote:
>
> > requiring you to have all your bootable partitions
> > within the 8.4 GB limitation.  However, I believe
> > newer versions of LILO work around this
> limitation.
>
> > --- shahazad at linuxplanet.nu wrote:
> > >
> > > The error i am getting is --> boot partition
> >1024
> > > cylinders.
> > >

> you can also solve this problem by creating a /boot
> partition of size of
> around 10MB and putting the kernel image there.
> /boot should be the first
> partion of you table.

But then he will have to blow away his exsiting Win2K
partition and redo the install.  That is why I did not
suggest it initially.

Krishnan