[FSUG-Bangalore] help req to configure TATA photon + USB modem on ubuntu

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 19:49:13 IST 2010

Hi all

i was trying to configure tata photon + USB modem on ubuntu

some times my device is getting detected , and some other times it is not
.... i get message as

Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 32: mount: block device /dev/sr1
is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sr1,
       dmesg | tail  or so

Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 32: mount: /dev/sr1 is not a
valid block device

it has 8GB memory slot ( we need to add a card, i have not added )

when i did lsusb i got following output
rvcemcabrp at rvcemcabrp-laptop:~$ lsusb
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 002 Device 012: ID 201e:2009
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 018: ID 0a5c:2110 Broadcom Corp. Bluetooth Controller
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

when i did wvdialconf

rvcemcabrp at rvcemcabrp-laptop:~$ sudo wvdialconf
Editing `/etc/wvdial.conf'.

Scanning your serial ports for a modem.

Modem Port Scan<*1>: S0   S1   S2   S3

Sorry, no modem was detected!  Is it in use by another program?
Did you configure it properly with setserial?

Please read the FAQ at http://open.nit.ca/wiki/?WvDial

If you still have problems, send mail to <wvdial-list at lists.nit.ca>.
rvcemcabrp at rvcemcabrp-laptop:~$

if you have links of any success in configuring the device kindly forward

thanks in advance

renuka prasad