[FSUG-Bangalore] [bms-lug] Re: Invitation to SFD at BMSCE on 25-09-2008

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:59:18 IST 2008

2008/9/25 Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com>

> 2008/9/24 Madhusudan C.S <madhusudancs at gmail.com>:
> > Hi everyone,
> >                    BMSCE is celebrating SFD tomorrow, i.e 25-09-2008.
> This
> > has been organized by BMSLUG in association with SUN Club at BMSCE.
> <snip>
>
> > The events schedule is as follows:
> <snip>
>
> ... In a campus where RMS himself started the flame ... and on the
> 25th anniversary of the GNU project - the only Operating System build
> for respecting users Freedom.
>
> Considering that it is more of a "Sun Freedom Day" in most campuses there
is nothing unusual about the terminology or schedule.
While Sun is a part of the Free Software Community, it has been using
various monopolistic methods to take over campuses which we activists had
taken pains to build from scratch and since the current final year students
have not consciously created a committed team of Free Software activists to
further the Movement this was inevitable.
--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822