[FSUG-Bangalore] Invitation to SFD at BMSCE on 25-09-2008

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:12:32 IST 2008

2008/9/24 Madhusudan C.S <madhusudancs at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone,
>                    BMSCE is celebrating SFD tomorrow, i.e 25-09-2008. This
> has been organized by BMSLUG in association with SUN Club at BMSCE.

All the wishes for the event. I hope it will help people think about
the importance of Freedom and will bring in more people to fight for
it, when it is threatened. Today, when new weapons like Software
Patents and DRM ... poses such serious threats to our ability to
create and distribute Free Software ... I believe more than ever
before, we need to talk about Freedom.

> The events schedule is as follows:

I am saddened about the words used in the schedule, even more so
because it is a BMSLUG event :-(

I thought we had a bunch of folks who understood the importance of
Freedom and the need to value it over the practical merits of a
developing method to create powerful software.

... In a campus where RMS himself started the flame ... and on the
25th anniversary of the GNU project - the only Operating System build
for respecting users Freedom.
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)