[FSUG-Bangalore] Invitation to SFD at BMSCE on 25-09-2008

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 18:50:06 IST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Madhusudan C.S <madhusudancs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>                    BMSCE is celebrating SFD tomorrow, i.e 25-09-2008. This
> has been organized by BMSLUG in association with SUN Club at BMSCE.
> The events schedule is as follows:
>
> 9:00 – 9:30 : Inauguration.
>
> 9:30 – 10:30 : Introduction to Open Source Technology.

 Why "Open Source" misses the point of Free Software
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

> 10:30 – 10:45 : View of 3D Desktop (Compiz features)
>
> 10.45 – 11:00 : Tea Break
>
> 11:00 – 12:00 : Introduction to Open Solaris. (dtrace, zfs, installation
> thru virtual box)
>
> 12:00 – 12:30 : How to build a blog in less than 10 minutes
>
> 12:30 - 13:00 : Open Source Multimedia Applications Development (Blender)
>
> 13:00 – 14:00 : Lunch
>
> 14:00 – 15:00 : Introduction to Java and Netbeans IDE
>
> 15:00 – 17:00 : Netbeans hands-on session (first hour will be to show how to
> use netbeans for executing C and C++ programs and the second hour will be
> used to show mobile application development)
>
> Venue: BMSCE Library Auditorium.
>
> All are coridally invited. I request all of you to join the celebrations and
> make it a grand success.
>
> --
> Thanks and regards,
>  Madhusudan.C.S
>
> Blogs at: www.madhusudancs.info
> Official Email ID: madhusudan at madhusudancs.info

Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown FOSS
industry because it creates the basis for future jobs. Learning
Windows is like learning to eat every meal at McDonalds.