[FSUG-Bangalore] moodle vs SELF

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Wed May 21 09:23:08 IST 2008

2008/5/20 renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> One clear advantage of Moodle over SELF is that Moodle is supported. There
>> are people who know how to install it, use it and also train others.
>

> Ask me if you have any doubts using SELF -- i am here to help you

First, I am quite familiar with SELF.

> and there is a  dedicated team of developers  who are also very supportive
> -- and ofcourse mailing list is there --also if you feel any time you need a
> feature -- u can request the team... I have used SELF and ofcourse i have
> authored collaboratively and the version management is excellent.
>
> I am a 100% Free software person but when I introduce any software to the
educational institutions I visit I am asked whether it is supported. Support
is very important. I cannot tell them to go and ask their doubts on a
mailing list. Our idea is to also build a good supporting group for all Free
software. Only then will the Movement also get strengthened further.
Now assume that we plan to teach Content Mgt. System in 10 colleges in the
next 6 months and they need support. What will you do?
--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822