[FSUG-Bangalore] File transfer between GTalk and Pidgin

Arun Thomas imamal at gmail.com
Wed May 21 13:14:03 IST 2008

Hi

I have an Windoze using relative who's experiencing all the symptoms
his OS is famous for; mysterious hangings, spyware, viruses etc.

I tried to sell him the idea of Linux, showed him my laptop running
Sabayon. With Firefox, KOffice and VLC he was more than convinced,
until we took a look at Pidgin.

He has a daughter who lives in the UK, whom he chats with daily via
Gtalk, so this is a very vital application.
He uses audio conferencing. She also shares photos with via Gtalk's
file transfer.

My question is
 - how can I do audio conferencing on Pidgin?
 - how can I transfer files between Gtalk and Pidgin, since most
people use Gtalk?
 - is there any other client i can use to over come this problem?