[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG - Karnataka

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 15:30:33 IST 2008

Vikram Vincent wrote:
> 2008/6/2 Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com
> <mailto:anivar.aravind at gmail.com>>:
>

>     I think users group is different from FSF Karnataka. And users groups
>     need to be local. From our experience we know that any state user group
>     in india didn't worked yet (ilug-goa and ilug-delhi are the the only
>     exceptions)
>

>     Lets work on creating more localized user groups than making window
>     platforms
>
>     FSUG-bangalore already have an identity. let us keep it. at the same
>     time we can help the programmes all over kanataka a
>

> User groups need to be local but we do need a coordination group for the
> whole of Karnataka.
> "FSUG, Karnataka" was just a name suggestion.
> Since the initial idea was to evolve FSUG, Bangalore into FSF-Kn I was
> only suggesting an intermediate step.
> Randomness is fine but not when it comes to the Movement.

we live in a age in which issues of concern will spread through groups
to group. I know if BMS user group takes up some issue to act
automatically all user groups in the country will act on it. (some visble
examples are VTU Floss campaign, which spread the spirit all over the
country, Save karnataka campaign initiated by sampada, was supported by
most of us and FSF india also released a statement.- i remember you
are against fsf india's support to sampada statement) . So There is no
need to worry about addressing issues in whole karnataka  i feel there
is no need of a group with Authority of control and coordination. it is
simply the over use of the ctrl key.

On a community way there is no need of a state level body/institution
for movement coordination in a digital era . a visible exmaple is on
functioning working group of FSF India

I will support FSF karnataka only after seeing FSF India as a strong
organisation entity (now its activities are 2-3 peoples work) to
vanguard users freedom. I believe the current need is strengthening FSF
India's campaigns, and asking FSF India to take up issues from
Karanataka than creating a Local FSF

Anivar