[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG - Karnataka

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 16:35:28 IST 2008

Anivar,
Are you proposing that you will stay in Karnataka till "death do us apart"
and coordinate the Free Software Movement? AFAIK even Praveen's stay in
Bangalore is temporary.

2008/6/2 Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com>:

> we live in a age in which issues of concern will spread through groups
> to group. I know if BMS user group takes up some issue to act
> automatically all user groups in the country will act on it. (some visble
> examples are VTU Floss campaign, which spread the spirit all over the
> country, Save karnataka campaign initiated by sampada, was supported by

A simple assessment of the above says that they are only partial attempts
and we have not been able to convert them to any long term gain such as
policy change, etc.. as we are just applying the "randomness" approach.

most of us and FSF india also released a statement.- i remember you
> are against fsf india's support to sampada statement) . So There is no
> need to worry about addressing issues in whole karnataka  i feel there

What relationship does this have to do with the point I have proposed?

> is no need of a group with Authority of control and coordination. it is
> simply the over use of the ctrl key.

If you have some fears then please explain yourself clearly else please stop
trying to spread FUD.

On a community way there is no need of a state level body/institution
> for movement coordination in a digital era . a visible exmaple is on
> functioning working group of FSF India

You are comparing the working of incomparable groups. Reason is mentioned
below.

> I will support FSF karnataka only after seeing FSF India as a strong
> organisation entity (now its activities are 2-3 peoples work) to
> vanguard users freedom. I believe the current need is strengthening FSF
> India's campaigns, and asking FSF India to take up issues from
> Karanataka than creating a Local FSF

Your support and opinion about a proposed FSF-Karnataka needs to be taken
with a pinch of salt. You have completely skipped your accusations about
FSF-{AP, Ker} and jumped to FSF-India without giving any concrete reasons.
As we are witnessing, FSF-AP's activities are independent of FSF-India and
that is appreciable. Just because somebody fails does not mean that all of
us are useless.
--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822