[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG - Karnataka

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:54:16 IST 2008

2008/6/2 Anivar Aravind <anivar.aravind at gmail.com>:

> I think users group is different from FSF Karnataka. And users groups
> need to be local. From our experience we know that any state user group
> in india didn't worked yet (ilug-goa and ilug-delhi are the the only
> exceptions)

> Lets work on creating more localized user groups than making window
> platforms
>
> FSUG-bangalore already have an identity. let us keep it. at the same
> time we can help the programmes all over kanataka a

User groups need to be local but we do need a coordination group for the
whole of Karnataka.
"FSUG, Karnataka" was just a name suggestion.
Since the initial idea was to evolve FSUG, Bangalore into FSF-Kn I was only
suggesting an intermediate step.
Randomness is fine but not when it comes to the Movement.

And about FSF Karnataka , I am not much happy about the concept. The

And why should you feel so?

> problem i am seeing with FSF AP and FSF Kerala are it is centered around
> some other institutional base. Here in bangalore we have a good
> community strength . but all of us are volunteering for the free
> software cause.

I think that the above mentioned groups are doing very good work in building
the Free Software Movement in their respective states.