[FSUG-Bangalore] FSUG - Karnataka

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:31:31 IST 2008

Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:
> Hi Vikram,
> Even better would be to call it FSF-Karnataka (karnataka.gnu.org.in)
>
> If we have volunteers willing to take responsibility for different
> roles and have a web site ready, we can ask Arun to point karnataka.gnu.org.in
> to point to this site.

I think users group is different from FSF Karnataka. And users groups
need to be local. From our experience we know that any state user group
in india didn't worked yet (ilug-goa and ilug-delhi are the the only
exceptions)

Lets work on creating more localized user groups than making window
platforms

FSUG-bangalore already have an identity. let us keep it. at the same
time we can help the programmes all over kanataka a

And about FSF Karnataka , I am not much happy about the concept. The
problem i am seeing with FSF AP and FSF Kerala are it is centered around
some other institutional base. Here in bangalore we have a good
community strength . but all of us are volunteering for the free
software cause.

I like to hear from FSF India on this. ccing Dr.Nagarjuna too

Anivar