[FSUG-Bangalore] Future of FSUG-Bangalore (WasRe: Ministry meetingwith RMS, Eben)

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 16:16:07 IST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda)
<sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:

> I am not in agreement..or as of thinking  as of about democratisation
> and mass movement..
> that would be a clearly separate debate  ..i am making this statement so
> that folks don't confuse my earlier mails to arun with this..i sent a
> mail to fsf-I - so that next time I am involved in a joint program or a
> slumdweller program....fsf-i considers it to be in the right
> spirit..when we have fsug as a particpant and not as the main
> organiser..unless it was specifically a fsug programme

We can decide about joint programmes when we are organizing it. why we
want to create the flame on rule set. This is a user group. You are
also part of it.  We may not be in this group in all the future. new
users come , volunteer and Organize new processes. It is the way most
of the user communities function.

In some programmes related to free software  SlumDweller programme may
be invite FSUG bangalore to participate. Then it can participate as a
supporting/participating group. In some cases FSUG will be the main
Organizer and a lot of groups may support it. In some other cases like
RMS visit, it will be organized jointly by 3 Organizers. It is the way
things are happening. That can be decided by the user group as usual

> ...especially in
> light of all the controversy...and flame..its better to avoid
> something..like that..in the interests of the movement..

It is always good to stop flame. can someone tell it to vikram too ;-)

Anivar
--
Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.