[FSUG-Bangalore] on the question of banner of work in blr/kar

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Mon Dec 1 15:14:17 IST 2008

> Sure I think I had written that in earlier mail also.
>
> However we are working on a guideline for this. When it is
> one or two group we can work with our understanding of their
> working. When it is more organisations it is difficult to do
> recognise them with out proper guidelines.

Yes that will be very good..if we fit in the rules fsf-I recognises ,
guides otherwise we are out..

> Organisations like Aid are not setup for promoting free
> software. I am sure these organisations should be willing to
> come under FSUG banner to promote free software.

Yes many of them whom its possible to bring into fsug we do bring
in..from other orgns...some ieee folks..aid folks have joined the list I
guess..however during some events...joint banners are necessary..as they
are doing work too...and it helps us bring them into free software as
well..

Ambedkar youth for example..are  no where near emails and
computers..however they are important contributors to the local
community picking up free software...but they would have their own
identity.....fsug doesn't fit them..

its actually good to have fsug focus on free software - and some body
with another name - focus us - on what they would like to..when
especially they would like to combine free software with anything else [
empowerment , awareness , social consicousness and so on , dalit rights
] and fsf-I to recognise this...

Yes if somebody wants to focus on hard core free software alone - then
they should work under fsf-I as much without fragmentation.