[FSUG-Bangalore] on the question of banner of work in blr/kar

Senthil Sundaram (sensunda) sensunda at cisco.com
Mon Dec 1 14:04:25 IST 2008

hi,

We would like to take guidance from fsf-i on this . We consider fsf-i
and important organisation which can guide us...

We cant go to fsug for guidance as it is a mailing list only . FSUG is
nice meeting point , but its not a organisation. Its not the only group
working on things related to free software..in blr..I request fsf-i to
consider this people with their own names as a possitive thing..rather
than a divisive thing...let a thousand flowers of freedom bloom...

For example slumdweller folks are not fsug , though some of us are in
fsug  ..there are others from aidindia.org , ambedkar youth in the local
area ..who are not of fsug..and also it has two aspects : free software
+ marginalised community empowerment...

When we want to do a program we call our selves 'volunteers for free
software, karnatka ' [ with fsug and slumdweller banners and with due
credit to others particpating ]. Does FSF-I consider this to be in the
right spirit.  This is basically to ensure a neutral name...and not one
overarching name .if u feel its not right ..please suggest your views on
this..we will work under your guidance...

Should any free software  activity in karantaka happen in the name of
FSUG. It is also very clear that fsug is not an organisation..

What about other folks like Kannada bloggers , aidindia who want to work
with us..when we do joint programmes..

I see from the statement of fsf-i that anybody is free to form their own
group and work for free software in bangalore, karnataka. FSF-I will
guide them.

thanks
senthil