[FSUG-Bangalore] Ministry meeting with RMS, Eben

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 15:18:10 IST 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Senthil Sundaram (sensunda)
<sensunda at cisco.com> wrote:

>> What is your problem with Free software user group bangalore?
>> You were an active volunteer of FSUG for past 2+ years.  You
>> were the contact person in a lot of FSUG Press releases.  And
>> you represented FSUG in a lot of College seminars. You were
>> Organising a FSUG's Joint Programme with Christ & RV college
>> (RMS Programmes in Christ). so what is the issue now that
>> makes you to say the above quote? Is it some critiques on
>> FSUG's work? or is it some ideological differences?  Please Clarify?
>> I Believe FSUG is still open for anybody to point their
>> issues. It is the way online collectives work
>>
>> Also I believe Movement for Free Software in Karnataka was a
>> temporary banner setup to address the campaign against VTU-M$
>>  Curriculum tieup .  It was came up suddenly as a out put of
>> gnus grazing (i couldn't able to participate in it, and there
>> was no discussion on the list about timings or venue to
>> ensure participation of all)
>
> This is unfair..i did tell all of you..if u couldn't particpate how can
> I help...and the issue itself was urgent..minutes were put up..timings
> were put up in the poster page..parth participated..renuka
> participated..we had discussed this over phone..the event itself was
> planned in 2 week notice..considering the nature of the issue....this
> will not help...the exact point couldn't be put up till we got confirmed
> police permission...in light of the blasts..whenever u were part of a
> event..we didn't go overboard..there were sometimes bad things..but in
> the interests of the movement we kept quiet..this is quite
> distrubing..we being pointed out every single time..we do something
> here...whats our mistake..we wanted to "SAY NO to M$-VTU" tie up..

Senthil what are you talking about?
I feel very happy about the protest and groups joined in it. We did
the protest and it was great.  The concern raised above is not about
that. it is just about vikram's statements which carried a false
notion "the temporary banner against M$ VTU Tie up campaign" is a
Permanent apex body. I dont have any issue with our protest

>.i
> will be seeking fsf-I guidance on the banner of activites in blr
> separately...there are other events which happened in joint banner in
> blr..the "no software patent" meeting for example..

It is not under a single banner as recent M$ VTU campaign. A
collective of 19 civil society organisations together organised it .
I dont have any issues with it.  Please read my mail properly

>you yourself
> said..the minstry meeting are not 'fsug'....

Please dont put your words on my mouth. I only said IT4Change & FSF
India are organizing it. Still we have to get confirmation

Anivar
--
Any responsible politician should be encouraging a home grown Free
Software industry because it creates the basis for future jobs.