[FSUG-Bangalore] quote[OT]

Anivar Aravind anivar.aravind@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Oct 21 20:36:21 IST 2006

 <quote>

> It is not a good thing to succumb to pessimism however
> worse things are. Technology (science in general) has
> always worked for the betterment of mankind.

</quote>
\
Dear arky,

I dont know the context of discussion. But I dont think the above is
true. We can say it only in an epistomological view. But in practice
most of the times in history technology worked to back Industry &
State. Most of the work is focused  on the marketability of
inventions. " Betterment of mankind" (as well as womenkind:-)) worked
as a good ad caption.

We are living in the age of corporate sponsored Technical research &
patented technologies..  If Technology is for the "Betterment of
mankind" why Proprietory Softwares, why GMOs (Genetically Modified
Organisms), why Patented Technologies..? Why Digital Restriction
Management..?

~ Regards
Anivar Aravind