[fsug-bangalore] Topic for next Gnu(s) grazing: Free Software Business Model

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Mar 17 22:55:08 IST 2006

Hi
On 17/03/06, Rakesh 'arky' Ambati <rakesh_ambati at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Computer Society of India (Bangalore) office is at
> Infantry Road which in the heart of the city and is
> right place to discuss the issues like GPL, DRM and
> software patents.

I am part of a group called Forum for Science and Development(FSD).  This
group is involved in various activities promoting the scientific temper.
Infact, we organized a seminar some time ago on "IT: A social audit" and
another topic(can't remember at present) in St. Joseph's PU college.  We had
speakers from IIIT, IIM, scientists and leaders from the IT industry.  Our
forum has many people from the intelluctual community who will definitely be
able to help FSUG.
The Convener of FSD is Dr. Chatterjee, Sr. Scientist,Indian Institute of
Astrophysics and Co-convener Dr. Vijoo Krishnan,Coordinator PG Dept.
Political Science, St. Joseph's college .  I think that Abhas is in contact
with them cause Arun FSF gave an intro about them.
Regarding patenting, they will be able to suggest experts on the topic and
others.
Dr. Chatterjee-9342858587  Vijoo-9449612237

Perhaps we should invite people like Anand Babu and
> other noted developers, people from academics and
> research, activist's and legal eagles (Ramanraj of
> Chennai or Pai from Kerala or Bangalore Legal Forums
> Lawrence Lang).

Regards
Vincent