[fsug-bangalore] Topic for next Gnu(s) grazing: Free Software Business Model

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Mar 17 20:09:25 IST 2006

--- Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:

> > The CSI (Bangalore Chapter) manager Mr.Sridhar was
> > very helpful and when I explained that we want to
> > arrange talks as part of roadshow leading towards
> > GPLv3 Conference he said he would happy to help
> us.
> > They were having a talk on distributed computing
> today
> > evening and asked if I could make it and talk to
> the
> > Secretary and other officials of CSI (Bangalore)
> > chapter. Unfortunately I couldn't make it there on
> > time.
> >
> > I think we should give them a visit this weekend,
> > would anyone wanna tag along ?
> >

> Sure give me a time and place. An sms will do.

Yes, Vikram. Most of fellow members are either out of
town this or quite busy this weekend. So, Let's
approach the CSI after getting everyone's ideas.

Computer Society of India (Bangalore) office is at
Infantry Road which in the heart of the city and is
right place to discuss the issues like GPL, DRM and
software patents.

We have lot of time to organize few talks in CSI
(Bangalore) and also perhaps its Mysore office
(someone mentioned it, I will follow it up). This idea
was suggested during the first meeting we had in
Cubbon Part.

Perhaps we should invite people like Anand Babu and
other noted developers, people from academics and
research, activist's and legal eagles (Ramanraj of
Chennai or Pai from Kerala or Bangalore Legal Forums
Lawrence Lang).

Please kindly suggest your ideas and criticism for
these plans.

Cheers

--arky