[FSUG-Bangalore] Todays meeting minutes added to the wiki

പ്രവീണ്‍‌ (Praveen) എ (A) pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Aug 28 18:20:26 IST 2006

2006/8/27, Anush Shetty <itsanushshetty at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> I am happy that some initiatives are being planned. But in the end what
> matters is how the entire thing takes off. We just dont need any spl day to
> do anything.

Completely agree and that  is why we did FOSS Month last time :-) And may be
FOSS Year this time ;-)

Having external co-ordinators or GNU/Linux - Reps for colleges wont help.
> The initiatives should be taken by the people (students) within the
> institution.

I agree, what I meant was just to co-ordinate the Software fredom Day
efforts we need some one from FSUG to guide the students. But students have
to take charge of their college's activity.

And thank you for volunteering to co-ordinate PESIT activities. You can tell
us who (a student from that college)  is in charge in each of the colleges
we targeted. Again thanks for volunteering to come up with the list.

Secondly, how many us bother to teach someone ?

I do. http://www.pravi.co.nr/2005/01/14/when-teachers-became-students/whenever
I get a chance.

I believe the more you keep talking, the more you hold someone from
> programming.

Is programming the only important thing? We have so many of programmers in
our country and how much the society benefit from it?

If you know perl, just go and teach your friend. If you know to install
> GNU/Linux, just go and do it for your friend.  Most of the  stuffs are
> learnt by fixing up things.

Completely agree.

You can have tutorial sessions for various programming languages but no
> talks. Probably stuffs like how to use Gdb, learning Php makes sense rather
> than just arguing about how what/how-to etc.

Thank you for volunteering to do a tutorial on python.

Make students aware of various technical-user-groups within the city which
> will make them get involved in the community.

Agree. So it was great to see someone volunteering for a lot of stuff.

Cheers
Praveen

--
"Value your freedom, or you will lose it, teaches history.
`Don't bother us with politics', respond those who don't want to learn."