[FSUG-Bangalore] Todays meeting minutes added to the wiki

Anush Shetty itsanushshetty@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Aug 27 23:46:57 IST 2006

Hi,
I am happy that some initiatives are being planned. But in the end what
matters is how the entire thing takes off. We just dont need any spl day to
do anything.

Having external co-ordinators or GNU/Linux - Reps for colleges wont help.
The initiatives should be taken by the people (students) within the
institution.

Secondly, how many us bother to teach someone ? I believe the more you keep
talking, the more you hold someone from programming. If you know perl, just
go and teach your friend. If you know to install GNU/Linux, just go and do
it for your friend.  Most of the  stuffs are learnt by fixing up things.

You can have tutorial sessions for various programming languages but no
talks. Probably stuffs like how to use Gdb, learning Php makes sense rather
than just arguing about how what/how-to etc. Make students aware of various
technical-user-groups within the city which will make them get involved in
the community.

-
Anush