[fsug-bangalore] Herald D'sa on reusing old Computers in Schools

Suraj suraj@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jul 31 11:38:34 IST 2005

Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati wrote:
,----
| Herald  D'sa of  Free Schools  project  posted this  message on  other
| mailing-list today.Hope you find it interesting.
`----

Apparently, Thaths (Sudhakar Chandrasekaran) who volunteered for 'VSO'
and  went to  Kenya to  teach kids,  used cheap  hardware and  built a
'bicycle' powered computer that charges while one pedals to school and
lets one work in school using the charged battery.

I doubt if he stilll has the time / "energy" (read: FreeSoftwareEnthu)
to talk to fsug-bangalore about it, but if you guys can promise a good
head count on some saturday / sunday,  I will try and pull him for the
talk :) Of course, no promises from my side. :)

cheers,

  -Suraj

--
,-----------------[http://www.symonds.net/~suraj/]---o