[fsug-bangalore] Herald D'sa on reusing old Computers in Schools

Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jul 31 12:05:31 IST 2005

Hi Suraj,

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 23:08 -0700, Suraj wrote:
> Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati wrote:
> ,----
> | Herald  D'sa of  Free Schools  project  posted this  message on  other
> | mailing-list today.Hope you find it interesting.
> `----
>
> Apparently, Thaths (Sudhakar Chandrasekaran) who volunteered for 'VSO'
> and  went to  Kenya to  teach kids,  used cheap  hardware and  built a
> 'bicycle' powered computer that charges while one pedals to school and
> lets one work in school using the charged battery.

Thanks a great hardware innovation, had seen a Xs4all geek gal build a
keyboard out of neatly layouted stones on ground ;oP

Ho, there seems to be not end to innovation !!

> I doubt if he stilll has the time / "energy" (read: FreeSoftwareEnthu)
> to talk to fsug-bangalore about it, but if you guys can promise a good
> head count on some saturday / sunday.

Well, as I was planning for calling up another GNU(s) Grazing meet in
the comming weeks, we can as well have a talk by Sudhakar.Please kindly
check with him.

As for the head count,you already have one head (a empty one) here.
 _____________
< Count Me In >
 -------------
       \   ,__,
        \  (oo)____
           (__)    )\
              ||--|| *

Whoever loves to meet up for another GNU(s) Grazing meet and perhaps a
talk by Sudhakar poke your head here for the head count.

I think we need a place, coffee shops won't do this time.Does anyone
have a good contact who can get us the hall in Computer Society of
India,Bangalore Chapter or someplace where we can meet.

Moreover there is Freedom Software day coming up in september, Can we
have some event this year.

Cheers
--
arky