[fsug-bangalore] [Arts/Film]3-day film workshop @ Suchirta

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Dec 28 20:45:47 IST 2005

--- Anivar Aravind <anivar at gnu.org.in> wrote:

> On 12/27/05, Rakesh 'arky' Ambati
> <rakesh_ambati at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Greetings List,
> >
> >   A 3 day Film making workshop titled 'Lecture
>
> Is there something related to Free Software?
> :)

Anivar, art is part of hacker movement since the
beginning, Most ideas of Free Software are straight
offshoot of artistic sharing et cetra.

Creative thought, insight without 'em life is
stiffing, we got music buffs, movie buff and bookworms
in our lot, that why am slowly bringing the art
events/scene into fsug mailing-list.

Look beyond the bits, bytes ... we need the right
balance of both left (logic) and right (artistic)
brains ;o)

> Any scope for Blender, cinelerra, Ardour etc.

Thought am not a graphic artist,don't use any of these
yet but we can talk if you are interested, my present
field of study is on similar lines.

> btw, i got a mail from jaromil ( The creator of
> dyne:bolic,
> http://rastasoft.org/) saying that he will be in
> bangalore by
> March/April 2006 for some programme of Mahiti.

That's a great news, I think this is second time
jaromil is here in Bangalore right, We have been
discussing about recycling old PC and using them with
gnu/Linux LTSP in governmental schools. Jaromil has
done similar work in Europe, closer home FN seems to
worked on such a project (tell us about it, FN).

> Can we plan some free software & media workshops at
> that time?
> Any one interested?
> Any collaborators?

Why Not! Count me in .... Let's Cook !!!

Cheers

--arky

--
arky