[fsug-bangalore] VTU FLOSS Campaign Update

Kanti Jadia j_kanti@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Aug 7 23:27:02 IST 2005

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati wrote :
>Evening,
>
>Praveen has posted the update on VTU FLOSS Campaigners visit to Belgaum.
>http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/?VTU-FLOSS_Campaign-status
>
>Current status of the Petition
>
>On August 6th Saturday we got an apponitment to meet the VC at VTU
>Campus in Belgaum. We (Thejesh , Ramakrishna, Vivek and myself - Praveen
>A) met at Coffee Day at MG Road on 4th Evening and discussed the plans
>and presantation. We left for Belgaum on 5th Evening and reached there
>by 6th Morning. We preapared the presantation and by afternoon we
>reached the VTU campus. To our great disappointement the VC was not
>there. He didn't keep his appointment. So we had to give the petition to
>the Registrar and comeback (We were very angry about the way VC responed
>and it even becam grave when registar told us that every weekend he is
>in Bangalore ! We had clearly mentioned that we are coming from
>bangalore and if he is in bangalore every week, then Why did he give an
>appointment at Belgaum ? He might have thought that we won't go thus far
>to meet him ! Anyway we are not gonna let it go. We are trying to meet
>him in bangalore. If w cannot go some one else will be ready. He will
>have to listen to us one day.)

This looks similar to the thousands of issues which go through the government circles ( round and round and round )

I was reading through the book Governance ( Arun Shourie ).
A simple case like which colour of pen should be used for writing (red , blue , green , black ) in one of the government offices took 4 1/2 years to get resolved and the end result was the same question again.

We have to break this circular motion and to do this we have to put the teachers and professors into confidence.If it comes from higher up it would be forced,instead if its done bottom up as well, chances are that it will get places.

The petition is correct in its place.The purpose of getting it to the table of the VC has been completed partially.
What are the other ways we are thinking of getting the affiliated colleges on board.

>First, nothing would be achieved with rage, change is a slow process, we
>should take this experience as good lesson.
>
>It would be better if we use the mailing-list for the further
>discussion. --arky
>

>Please start a discuss on future plan of action.
>--
>arky
>
>Rakesh 'arky' Ambati
>GPG Key ID:  0x92BCF7D4
>Blog [ http://arky.in ]
>Member FSUG-Bangalore [ http://bangalore.gnu.org.in ]
>Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
>See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html

Enjoy your Freedom,use GNU/Linux.
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html